Valentine’s day is about a month away and I don’t know about you all, but I am terrible at picking out gifts for my husband. Women are a little easier in my opinion. Candy, flowers, a card. That’s all we really need. Men can be a little more difficult to choose for without spending a fortune. I decided to do some research to find some cute, inexpensive gifts for him. I’ve came to notice that a lot of these gifts require some DIY work which I think are way more sentimental than just purchasing something. There’s nothing wrong with getting a little crafty occasionally. I’ve come to really enjoy it. I feel a sense of accomplishment when I finish a craft, and I’m way more excited to give the gift. So have fun with it!
- Homemade Card. This one of the easiest gifts you could make. Write a little love note in there, let them know how much you appreciate them. You can never go wrong with a personal note from the heart.
- Bake Your Own Sweets. What man doesn’t like cookies or brownies? Go out, buy a heart shaped cookie cutter and make him up some heart shaped cookies and brownies. This is something you can do with your kids also, so I can be from all of you. You could even have him bake them with you, make it a romantic time.
- Jars Filled With Candy. There are SO many ways to write cute little love quotes on mason jars with candy inside. I’ve seen numerous ideas on Pinterest lately. For example, fill a jar with Starbursts and write on the jar “You Make My Heart Burst” or fill with Sour Worms saying, “You’re My Greatest Catch”. I’m sure it’ll make him laugh a little.
- Lottery Tickets. Everyone loves having the chance to win some money. Go spend $20 on some and shape them into a little lottery ticket bouquet and have him scratch away. If he wins big, make him take you to dinner 😉
- Socks and Underwear. Believe it or not, my husband can always use socks and underwear and he surprisingly appreciates it immensely! I can’t tell you how many times I’ve lost a sock in the wash or found underwear that are starting to tear (and he continues to wear them). There are cute ways you can roll them up to look like roses or hearts. Get crafty with them!
- Key Chain. Buy him a small key chain with your anniversary on it, or your kids birthdays. On Etsy there are SO many to choose from. They aren’t super big and bulky either, a simple leather one is perfect for a male! I’ve already bought my husband one before and he loved it.
- DIY Coupons. Create a little booklet for him of some coupons he can give you at random times. Do one for a 30 minutes massage or an hour of uninterrupted video game time. There are so many different options with this one. Just create some that are suitable for your significant other!
- DIY Beer Mug. I’ve made numerous DIY wine glasses at home and it’s an uncomplicated process. You get some paint, design away, and you can bake or let them air dry. There is SO many different options on Pinterest. If you have kids, let them do it! If your husband isn’t a beer drinker, make a coffee mug!
- Car Accessories. You can go to the store and buy some air fresheners or cleaning wipes for his car. A lot of those products are inexpensive and they will definitely get put to good use if your man likes to keep him car clean and shiny.
- Slippers or Pajamas. Men love being comfortable, so buying them something to lounge around in could be perfect. Plus, you can tell him he should wear them so you can have movie night or to binge watch some Netflix. My husband loves his slippers. He’d probably wear them to work if he could.
What do you plan on getting your man? I’d love to hear more ideas!