You guys! I was just recently nominated for the Liebster Award. When I first saw my nomination, I had no idea what it meant. After reading up on it, I am so grateful that Insignificant Mom Talk nominated me! All I want out of this blog is to connect with people and write enlightening and valuable information that others could read about and relate to. I’m so happy that my writing is interesting and inspiring to others.
So what is a Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award is recognition for bloggers by other bloggers. It’s only coincidental that the name is derived from the German word that means “beloved, or dear” in English. It’s been around in some form or another since 2011, so I think there is at least some credence to its name.
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to them on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.
- Answer the questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Provide random facts about yourself.
- Nominate blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers.
- Create a new list of questions for the nominees to answer.
- List these rules in your post.
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
Random facts about me:
- I am obsessed with buying travel cups/mugs
- I had major back surgery in 2014 which started my weight loss journey
- I have the mouth of a sailor
- My four-year-old son and I love telling ‘knock knock’ jokes to each other
- I could watch Disney movies all day long
- I prefer winter over summer
- I want to get into photography
- I want to eventually fill my entire arm with tattoos about my kids
- I went from working full time, to staying home with my kids. Best decision ever
- I want to rescue every dog that needs a home
When I first started my blogging journey, there was a few bloggers who stood out to me. Check out these awesome bloggers and follow along with their posts. You won’t regret it!
My questions from Insignificant Mom Talk:
- How long have you been blogging and why did you start? I started about a month ago. I mainly started because I wanted to gain a hobby that not only I enjoyed, but something that could interest others also. I had a lot of thoughts and ideas bottled up in this brain of mine, and blogging is the perfect way to express them!
- Would you consider yourself tech savvy? I’d say I’m pretty tech savvy. I use technology a lot in my daily life. From taking photos and editing them myself, to texting and communicating mainly through email. I’d honestly be lost with my phone.
- What is something you couldn’t function without? Probably my phone. I hate to say that, but I have everything on there! Doctors appointments, school functions, and lets not forget phone numbers that I’ll never memorize.
- Are you a parent? If so what do you say is your parenting style? I’m a laid-back parent, but I’m also that mom who teaches their kids to be independent. I don’t co-sleep or anything in that nature. My son is four and he already knows how to do a lot of things on his own. He knows that if he gets something out, he must put it away himself. My daughter will be raised the same way.
- Have you found your soulmate? I have found my soulmate and we’ve been married a little over a year!
- What is something that you love that others just don’t get? PDA. My husband hates it, but I love to show off the love I have for him. Some may think it’s gross, but I just call it being in love.
- Favorite movie of all time? I know I’m crazy for saying this, but A Night at the Roxbury. My husband makes fun of me all the time for it, but I’ve loved it ever since I was a child. I could probably quote every line.
- If your life was a sitcom, what would it be called?The Crazy Cunningham Crew.We’re a family full of craziness and humor. My husband and I both have an incredible sense of humor, and it rubs right off on our children also.
- Do you have any big regrets? No major regrets, but I don’t regret not taking care of myself when I when pregnant with my son in 2013. I gained a lot of weight during that pregnancy and I’m still trying to get it off!
- Favorite holiday? And why? Christmas (of course!), but now have children during the holiday season. I enjoy the memories we make, and the happiness on their faces all season long.
- What is something that you believe that is an unpopular opinion? I own two pit bulls and I believe their reputation of being a dangerous dog is bogus. They are the most loving and compassionate pups I’ve ever owned!
Questions for my nominees:
- How would you describe your blogging style?
- How do you want to improve yourself in the next year?
- What’s your favorite cheesy pick-up line? Have you ever used it for real?
- What is your biggest guilty pleasure?
- What’s the funniest prank you’ve ever pulled on someone?
- What five things do you always have with you?
- What accomplishments are you most proud of?
- What inspires you?
- Shark diving, bungee jumping, or sky diving?
- What kind of phone was your first cell phone?