Happy Spring Everyone!
For some crazy reason Mother Nature decided to dump over a foot of snow here in Pennsylvania on the first (and second) day of Spring. Totally not what we wanted, but my oldest got a snow day out of it so we decided to celebrate the spring season inside while the snow falls. Since I knew what kind of weather was headed our way, the little one and I went to Walmart to grab some necessities we needed. I came across this adorable bunny shaped silicone baking mat and instantly thought it would be a great idea to make bunny shaped cake pops! My son is in love with eating cake pops and he always gets one when we visit Starbucks, so why not make our own! I wanted to share the recipe because it’s perfect for the Easter season. Over the weekend we made Spring Flower Chocolate Pretzels. Check those out too!
• Bunny Shaped Silicone Baking Mat
• Lollipop Sticks
• Pastel Colored Chocolate Wafers (however many colors you want)
• One Box of Cake Mix (we went with Funfetti. Make sure you have all the ingredients listed on the back of the box also.)
• Cooking Spray
• Sprinkles (optional)
1. Combine your cake mix ingredients together as directed on the back of the box
2. Preheat your oven to 350 Degrees
3. Place your silicone mat on a baking pan and generously spray the mat with cooking spray
4. Fill each bunny with cake mix about a quarter to half way full
5. Bake in the over for 10-15 minutes
6. Let the cake pieces cool for a few minutes then place them on a sheet of parchment paper.
(They should pop right out of the baking mat)
7. Place a lollipop stick into the center of the bunny cake pieces. This could be done before or after you dip the cake pieces in the chocolate. Whichever you prefer.
8. Melt your chocolate wafers in the microwave (or as desired) in a microwave safe bowl. I usually do 30 seconds intervals on defrost until chocolate is fully melted
9. Dip the cake pieces into the melted chocolate until fully covered, let the extra chocolate drip off, then place back on the parchment paper to harden
10. Design the bunny pieces as desired and enjoy! We decided to drizzle a different color on some and add sprinkles to the other. If you are using sprinkles, be sure the add them before the chocolate fully hardens so they stick
These were definitely a hit in my household, and I hope they are with yours also! Enjoy! We sure did! Also, a special thanks to my little helper. We had a blast making these together.